The Bruyère Research Institute (BRI) is a Bruyère Continuing Care and
Ottawa partnership. The Institute is seeking an experienced, fully bilingual Administrative Assistant to support the Director, Bruyère Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation on Long-Term Care (CLRI) located at the Saint-Louis Residence in
Orleans (part-time 0.5).
This position requires flexibility, attention to detail, initiative, creativity, judgment, as well as problem-solving and time management skills to address non-routine issues on a daily basis. This position is a wonderful opportunity for growth, learning and teamwork within a dynamic and fast-paced setting.
Day to day Operations Tasks:
- Setting appointments/meetings for multiple stakeholders.
- Preparing, editing and formatting correspondence, communications, presentations and reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of complex documents e.g. quarterly/annual reports, strategic plans, communication and marketing materials, including web writing.
- Organizing registration, travel arrangements and accommodations for events and functions.
- Performing clerical responsibilities such as, photocopying, faxing, scanning, shredding, filing, data entry, maintaining and updating contact/distribution lists of CLRI stakeholders.
- Coordination of office moves, and renovation projects. Maintaining a database of space related information such as key and equipment assignments (for CLRI).
- All other duties as appropriate.
- Supporting various committees; including scheduling, logistics and AV set-up, agenda preparation, meeting attendance and minute taking.
- Assistance with event planning; including both video and teleconference meetings, event promotion, preparation of participant packages, coordination of all logistics, etc. Note: the CLRI will be organizing a large provincial conference in 2015.
Project Specific Tasks:
- Prepare payment requisitions and other forms for approval and submission.
- Tracking and/or inputting financial report data as assigned.
- Managing inventory which includes ordering equipment and supplies.
- Assist with project tasks such as coordinating logistics, literature searches, submissions of grant proposals and manuscripts, tracking of activities, etc.
- Communicate with stakeholders and project teams, as appropriate to share and obtain information for reporting and other purposes.
The successful candidate will have:
- College diploma and three years or more experience in administrative positions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced work environment where new processes and systems are being developed, modified and maintained.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize discretion and judgment in handling sensitive and confidential details.
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional customer service to all stakeholders.
- Excellent judgment and time management skills in prioritizing appointments, meetings and organizing workload to ensure completion of tasks within tight deadlines.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, and with flexibility, as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, identify opportunities/challenges and take initiative.
- Advanced computer skills and excellent working knowledge of various software programs - MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Experience working with MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Adobe Connect (or similar software) an asset.
- Experience with various audio-visual set-ups and OTN, an asset.
- General knowledge of the health care sector (specifically primary care, long-term and community care) an asset
- Basic understanding of, and familiarity within, the research setting is an asset.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in both French and English is required, as well as ability to do basic translation, work with translators, and proof read translation.
The position will be a part-time contract (flexible day-time hours) until
March 31, 2014 and renewal is highly probable. The CLRI is supported by a contract that is in place with the MOHLTC until
March 31, 2016.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your candidacy to Melissa Donskov, firstname.lastname@example.org by
May 3, 2013.
We offer flexible work arrangement options and a competitive salary (salary range from $19-$23/hour).
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to email@example.com