As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our
Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Program Director, Long Term Care, the role of the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) for LTC / Clinical Manager, Élisabeth Bruyère Residence is to enhance nursing practice corporately throughout the Bruyère Continuing Care LTC/Residential Care Programs, to address the complex needs of Bruyère’s residents at ÉBR/SLR and to influence health policy within the organization and in the larger sector of care. The core domains of the APN’s role include clinical practice, leadership, education, research and consultation and oversight for all of nursing practice in Residential Care.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or in a health related field;
- Registered Nurse (RN), member in good standing of the
- Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate (CPR) level C, Basic Life Support (BLS);
- Membership in relevant professional associations (ex: RNAO);
- Canadian College of Health Care Executives CHE membership (preferred);
- OANHSS Administrator Certificate (preferred);
- Post RN in Gerontology or related (preferred);
- Eligible for joint appointment to an academic institution (preferred);
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent related clinical experience and experience in:
- Long Term Care or Residential Care settings and knowledge of gerontology or geriatric field;
- nursing leadership;
- adult education / program development;
- research or program evaluation.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the MOHLTC, LTC inspection program (preferred);
- Evidence of expert level nursing practice skill (advanced practice experience preferred);
- Fluent in English - spoken and written;
- Communication skills in French – spoken and written (preferred);
- Intermediate knowledge of computers including MS Office (e.g. Word, Powerpoint, Access, Excel, statistical programs, graphics packages) etc.;
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology.
POSITION KEY COMPETENCIES
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Capable of working under stress in a constantly changing environment;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Research, teaching and consulting skills;
- Knowledge of statistics and ability to analyse fiscal and data;
- Expert communicator;
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement (QI) and Risk Management;
- Exemplary knowledge in MOHLTC programming areas;
- Ability to manage human resources.
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org