As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our
Missionwhich is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Program Director, the incumbent is accountable for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating all activities of the assigned unit in order to provide high quality patient care. The incumbent is accountable for the administrative and clinical management of a patient care unit in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the philosophy, mission and strategic direction of Bruyère Continuing Care, the standards from Accreditation Canada, the Regulated Health Professionals’ Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the relevant collective agreements.
He/She is committed to living the
Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Valid certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Membership in Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Minimum 2-3 years in a leadership position
- Minimum 2-3 years Medical Surgical Nursing experience
- Working knowledge of the health care system
- Advanced computer skills and medical terminology
POSITION KEY COMPETENCIES
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage communications
- Ability to establish effective teams
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Ability to hold self and others accountables
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to manage human resources
- Project management skills
- Ability to organize / orchestrate
- Ability to partner with patients and families
- Master's degree, in Nursing, Health, Public, Education or Business administration
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a management position
- Knowledge in lean methodology an asset
- Fluent in English and French
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org