As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our
Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Director, Nursing Practice is responsible to assist the Senior Vice-President Clinical Programs and Chief of Nursing in establishing the vision and strategic direction for nursing practice at Bruyère Continuing Care, and to operationalize nursing strategic objectives. The incumbent is an influential nurse leader with a passion and commitment to advance the profession of nurses in all areas of practice. She/he provides leadership to advance nursing practice and interprofessional care through:
- Integrating the nursing care delivery model to enable full scope of practice
- Developing evidence based practice standards for the population served
- Professional development from orientation and ongoingly throughout the career trajectory of nurses
- Fostering a shared governance model for decision making closest to the point of care
- Leading the Nursing Resource Team
The Director, Nursing Practice establishes innovative partnerships with University Schools of Nursing, Community Colleges and Bruyère Research Institute (BRI) in the area of education, knowledge transfer and research.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
- Master's degree in Nursing or a health related field
- Registration and good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Related Specialty Certification where applicable or available (e.g. CNA certification)
- Membership in relevant professional association (e.g. Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in leadership / management role within a health care organization
- Bilingualism (English and French), spoken and written
- Advanced computer skills and medical terminology
- Eligibility for cross appointment with an academic institution
- Knowledge of relevant regulations/legistation (e.g. Public Hospital Acts, Nursing Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, etc.)
- Experience in adult education, program development, evaluation and research
- Previous clinical experience in a minimum of one of Bruyère Continuing Care clinical specialties
- Experience in budget management
- Knowledge of academic system
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org