As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our
Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Manager, Discharge Planning works closely with internal (Decision Support and Admissions) and external (health care and social service organizations) stakeholders to ensure patient flow. The incumbent leads the integration of Home First Philosophy at Bruyère Continuing Care. In addition, the Manager consults with teams to facilitate complex discharges as well as ensures best practices around discharge planning are implemented at Bruyère Continuing Care. The incumbent also collaborates with Social Workers to ensure that patient centered care is carried out in most cost effective manner and is also responsible for ensuring that the corporate discharge policy is consistent with promising practice. The Manager is also a CCAC Liason/Point of Contact and manages social work human resources.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
- Master`s degree in a relevant field (MHA, MScN, MSW, MPA, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in regulated health professional discipline
- Member of College as Registered Health Professional
- Fluent in French and English
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
- Experience with discharge planning to community/other organizations and with complex discharges
- Experience in a hospital setting
- Intermediate computer skills
- Advanced medical terminology
- Familiarity with community resources to facilitate timely discharges, particularly for those which are complex
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced leadership skills
- Solid understanding of human resource, financial management, public relations, administration and day to day operations.
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org