The C. T. Lamont Primary Health Care Research Centre (CTLC) of the Bruyère Research Institute is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Project Coordinator to be the administrative lead and support for two exciting primary health care initiatives. The Canadian Primary Health Care Research and Innovation Network (CPHCRIN) is a pan-Canadian research, training, and knowledge exchange network that aims to influence the efficiency and effectiveness of primary health care in Canada. The other initiative is a multijurisdictional research project, Comprehensive Performance Measurement and Reporting, which will demonstrate the feasibility and usefulness of comparative and comprehensive primary health care performance measurement and reporting in regions as a foundation that informs innovation in the delivery and organization of the Canadian Primary Health Care system.
This position would be responsible for practice recruitment, stakeholder engagement, network member development, project management, and operation of these two national primary healthcare research initiatives working closely with investigators from the CTLC as well as other collaborating researchers from across Canada.
1. Stakeholder Engagement
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to recruit practices, researchers, and trainees to participate in research projects and/or network initiatives
- Coordinate meetings for committees and working groups comprised of multi-disciplinary stakeholders and researchers from across Canada
2. Strategic Planning, Development, and Evaluation
- Participate in the development of the strategic plan for the pan-Canadian research network including engaging various stakeholder groups in the development process
- Provide a highly strategic approach that entices and sustains membership and involvement in Canadian primary care research initiatives
3. Communications and Marketing
- Develop and implement a communication and marketing strategy to engage and inform practices that increases success of the network and research projects
- Develop content for Network website, manage online collaborative workspaces and manage content for various social media forums.
4. Research Coordination
- Detailed planning, execution and monitoring of programmatic issues including: schedules, progress, coordination, deliverables, milestones, contracts, financial/budget reports, and project status.
- Establishes budgets and justification and financial planning and projections; financial project tracking and reconciliation of expenses against budget; as well as required financial reporting to funders.
- Complete new ethics applications & amendments with support of Investigators. Respond to questions from REBs with support of Investigators.
- Conduct straightforward data manipulation using SAS, STATA and/or SPSS and Excel.
- Presents research findings to a variety of lay and scientific audiences, at conferences/ symposia.
- Coordinate submission of grant applications, journal manuscripts etc. using on-line systems
5. Network Coordination
- Manage day-to-day operations of CPHCRIN and research projects including; detailed planning, execution and monitoring of activities, schedules, progress, coordination, deliverables, milestones, and project status
This job posting is not exhaustive. Additional duties may be added as the projects progress.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience demonstrating successful stakeholder engagement and recruitment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage overlapping project phases and meet deadlines
- Ability to plan strategically for project needs and future growth
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance measurement practices and reporting
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment, manage multiple tasks and work in a virtual environment (teleconferences, e-meetings and video conferencing)
- Excellent financial and human resource management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and ability to take initiative having a business acumen
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Knowledge of and experience in qualitative and quantitative research principles, methodologies, and procedures
- Social media skills and experience in a work environment
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a preferred asset
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your candidacy to Alex Cornett, CTLC Coordinator at email@example.com no later than June 16, 2013. We offer flexible work arrangement options and a competitive salary.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org