As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our
Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment and Selection, the Officer, Recruitment and Selection is the primary point of contact for managers/directors, employees, and members of the public in matters related to recruitment and selection. He/She is involved in the administration of all aspects of the recruitment and selection processes including job postings, interviewing, testing, selection, hiring, verifying the credentials and police records checks, documentation, etc. The incumbent is also responsible for respecting and interpreting collective agreements and appropriate legislation related to recruitment and selection as well as applying policies and procedures of the organization. The incumbent represents the organization at recruitment events and is required to work on projects, collect statistics and prepare reports. The incumbent assists the organization in recruiting and selecting the best qualified candidates for the positions and in being an employer of choice.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
- 3 year community college diploma in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of experience, education, training and experience. Undergraduate degree in a related field, preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in recruitment or in a HR department
- Experience in dealing with the public, employees and all levels of management
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and selection principles, practices and procedures, collective agreements, applicable employment and related legislation
- Advanced computer skills: MS Suite, Groupwise, Quadrant HR
- Experience with a Human Resources Information System
- Working towards Certified Human Resources Professional CHRP and/or Certified Recruiter designation, preferred
- Fluent in French and English – spoken and written
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to establish positive working relationships with clients and partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong attention to detail and execution quality
- High level of initiative - flexibility, ability to multi-task, to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and operate with confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Skilled in problem solving and capable of exercising sound judgment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and new concepts
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org