As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our
Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Manager of Occupational Health Services, the Occupational Health Nurse will be part of a dynamic team focused on the implementation and administration of Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures. This will involve collaboration with departmental managers, directors, Human Resources staff, unions, medical practitioners, WSIB, insurance companies and other community organizations to administer and resolve situations related to employee illness, modified work, and short term and long term disability.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
- Certificate of current registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Occupational Health and Safety course Certificate or Certification in Occupational Health Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA)
- One (1) year experience in occupational health setting
- Disability and WSIB claims management experience
- Fluent in english and french
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary (CPR) Level C certificate
- Knowledge of related legislation
- Highly organized, good interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent listening skills coupled with the ability to offer mature, sensitive, courteous client-centered service
- Leadership, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to email@example.com