The Bruyère Research Institute (BRI) in conjunction with the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (CLSA) is seeking full time and part-time bilingual Research Assistants (Certified Diagnostic Imaging Technician or Dental Hygienist). The CLSA is a first-of-its-kind national research study that investigates the health and aging of men and women between the ages of 45-85 for an estimated 20-year period.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual excited by the challenge of working in research on aging to become involved in a wide spectrum of responsibilities. The position offers a dynamic work environment and excellent opportunities for growth.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Working directly with the CLSA Manager, the Research Assistant will be required to:
- Operate bone densitometry equipment and ECG/ultrasound equipment
- Interact with participants and administer health questionnaires
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Ottawa CLSA site and interact with other CLSA team members
- Perform other duties as appropriate
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION AND SKILLS
The successful candidate will have:
- Membership in the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario or membership in the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
- Bilingual (English / French) essential
- Strong critical thinking ability
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Medical laboratory experience and phlebotomy (an asset)
- Research experience (an asset)
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your candidacy to Helen Niezgoda (Ottawa CLSA Manager) at email@example.com.
We offer flexible work arrangement options and a competitive salary.
Please send a recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org