Life Changing Women in support of Philanthropy at Bruyère
Philanthropy redefined. Awesome women leading the way!
Moving Forward Together
Building on the legacy of our namesake, Mother Élisabeth Bruyère, Bruyère’s Life Changing Women Network is a group of like-minded women who understand the importance of investing in innovation to provide tangible solutions that will transform health care in our region.
Together, Bruyère’s Life Changing Women members help in making each life better for the patients, residents and tenants at Bruyère through their investment research, innovation and teaching across Bruyère’s three campuses.
Supporting female leadership is more important than ever. With over 78% of employees identifying as female, Bruyère is a fantastic example of female leadership in action.
The pandemic has been a pivotal time for Bruyère. We continue to face challenges as a result of underlying issues in our healthcare system; challenges that have been amplified by the pandemic. But with challenges also come opportunities.
Each March, at the annual Life Changing Women event, Bruyère is proud to celebrate women-led innovation throughout the organization. At this event, the Life Changing Women Network gathers to hear more about the impact of their collective donations, and vote on short-listed projects to be funded through the Annual Grant Program.
Annual Grant Program
The Annual Grant Program is a centerpiece of Bruyère’s Life Changing Women Network program, providing vital funding to enhance patient care and research across Bruyère’s three campuses, as well as seeding new initiatives that provide innovative solutions for some of our health care system’s greatest challenges.
Each spring, members, friends and guests gather for the Life Changing Women reception. This special event provides a look at how female leaders are thriving at Bruyère, and offers members the opportunity to get to know grant recipients that have been funded through the program.
- Full tax receipt with annual donation
- Networking opportunities throughout the year at Bruyère Foundation events
- Behind-the-scenes tours up to twice a year, members receive exclusive invitations to see, up close how their philanthropy helps support patient care and research at Bruyère.
- Meetings with Hospital Senior Strategy Team-hear Hospital leaders speak to the innovative ways that Bruyère has approached the challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and provided for additional support for our local health care system.
- Invitation to participate in the planning of our annual Life Changing Women event.
- Early access to Bruyère Foundation events-Be the first to know about Bruyère's upcoming events. Members also enjoy a 20% discount on Bruyère's signature events.
- Opportunities to participate in annual fundraising event Elves for Elders to ensure the wellbeing of our most vulnerable throughout the month of December.
- Various additional opportunities throughout the year.
How can I join?
It is easy to join anytime with a minimum donation of :
- $1,000 ($83.33 per month)
- $500 ($41.67 per month) for women under 40 years of age.
Donations can be made as a single gift (cash or gift of stock) or in monthly installments:
How do I get more involved?
Bruyère’s Life Changing Women Network is guided by a Leadership Committee comprised of members. The mandate of this committee is to:
- Support the development and expansion of the Life Changing Women Network.
- Organize and lead meetings and events
- Create a unique and purposeful philanthropic experience for members.
Tax receipts will be issued for 100% of your annual Life Changing Women Network donation.
For monthly payments, an annual consolidated tax receipt with the total donation amount of all of your monthly gifts in a calendar year will be issued at the beginning of the next calendar year.