COVID-19 on the rise again in Eastern Ontario: What you can do
The level of COVID-19 in the Champlain region is on the rise. The COVID-19 wastewater viral signal is increasing in the region and is at record levels in Ottawa. In addition, test per cent positivity across the region is high and increasing, according to regional public health units.
In response, every hospital Chief of Staff and every public health unit Medical Officer of Health in the Champlain region are coming together to highly recommend the following four things that you can do right now to protect yourself, your family, and your community, with the goal of reducing severe illness and hospitalization:
- Get vaccinated with all the doses you are eligible for.
- Limit your close contacts.
- Wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
- Stay home if you are sick.
To book a vaccine, please visit COVID-19 vaccines for Ontario. For residents in the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, please visit their Vaccine Booking page.
If you know or suspect you have COVID-19 and need to be assessed by a clinician, below are some options for accessing care. When possible, please check with your primary care provider first. Also, please check the specific criteria for each clinic.
Thank you for doing what you can to help keep yourself and those around you safe during this time of uncertainty amid the rising levels of COVID-19.
Champlain Region Hospital Chiefs of Staff
- Almonte General Hospital, Dr. Graeme McKillop
- Arnprior & District Memorial Hospital, Dr. Florin Padeanu
- Bruyère, Dr. Shaun McGuire
- Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital, Dr. Allyson Champagne
- CHEO, Dr. Lindy Samson
- Cornwall Community Hospital, Dr. Lorne Scharf
- Deep River District Hospital, Dr. Hanene Ben Amor
- Glengarry Memorial Hospital, Dr. Nadia Kucherepa
- Hawkesbury & District General Hospital, Dr. Michel Thibodeau
- Kemptville District Hospital, Dr. Colin Sentongo
- Hôpital Montfort, Dr. Stéphane Roux
- Pembroke Regional Hospital, Dr. Thomas Hurley
- Queensway Carleton Hospital, Dr. Kathi Kovacs
- Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Dr. Steve Radke
- Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, Dr. Raj Bhatla
- St. Francis Memorial Hospital, Dr. Jason Malinowski
- The Ottawa Hospital, Dr. Virginia Roth
- Winchester District Memorial Hospital, Dr. Brian Devin
Medical Officers of Health within Eastern Ontario
- Dr. Vera Etches, Ottawa Public Health
- Dr. Robert Cushman, Renfrew County and District Health Unit
- Dr. Paul Roumeliotis, Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Dr. Paula Stewart, Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
Bruyère: Jesse Cressman-Dickinson firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEO: Paddy Moore, email@example.com
Hôpital Montfort: Geneviève Picard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Queensway Carleton Hospital: Kelly Spence, email@example.com
Pembroke Regional Hospital: Carolyn Levesque, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ottawa Hospital: Rebecca Abelson, email@example.com