|Emergency Management, Security & Telecommunications
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs / pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$86,707 to $103,535 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Function summaryReporting to the Director, Emergency management and Security, Environmental Services, Telecommunications, Parking, the Manager is accountable for the day to day supervision of the Telecommunications team who works 24/7 and of the Security Guard team. Manages and communicates effectively in both official languages and is able to foster a cooperative a supportive team environment. Is responsible to provide a safe and secure environment and ensure everyone is well trained on emergency and protective measures.
Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Community College Degree (3 years) in Emergency Management or Public Safety or in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of experience, education ad training
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience preferably in a healthcare setting and/or in a leadership role, including two (2) years of management experience
- Experience in all aspects of emergency preparedness and public safety
- Experience in adult education, teaching and training
- Experience in administration and team management in a unionized environment
- Fluent in French and English (Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement.)
- Advanced computer skills
Position key competencies
- Administrative management skills in organizing, directing and achieving set objectives
- In depth knowledge of hospital emergency codes and ability to remain calm during emergencies
- Familiar with the day to day operations of a Telecommunication department
- Knowledge of emergency management legislation including the Fire Code
- Knowledge of Criminal Code and security related legislation
- Knowledge of Municipal By-laws
- Strong leadership proven ability to adapt quickly to change, to coach and mentor staff to navigate successfully through change
- Ability to handle pressure, have excellent problem recognition and problem-solving abilities alongside range of other competencies such as logic, creativity, resilience, imagination, lateral thinking and determination
- Critical thinking, an objective approach to assessing situations and taking action
- Decision-making in a fast-paced environment, take initiative and act decisively, arriving at decisions quickly, effectively communicating goals and giving feedback to employees
- Provide in-service on Emergency Preparedness and Security and ability to provide training and do presentation in security and emergency preparedness topics (workplace violence safety, de-escalation, fire drill, etc.)
- Knowledge of fully automated and integrated security system inclusive of video surveillance, access control and alarm system to support security operation
- Ability to manage investigations that can include Police and/or several stakeholders within the hospital or parking lots
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.