|Occasional, Part-Time, Full-Time - Flexible hours|
|$22.13/hr to $22.86/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Food Services, the Cook prepares and cooks food of all kind such as soups, meats, vegetables, salads and desserts. The incumbent is involved in the receipt of goods and food storage. Maintains work areas, storage areas and work equipment.
Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Secondary school diploma
- Cook diploma from a recognized institution
- Valid Food Handler's Certificate from a recognized institution
- Fluent in French and English (Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement.)
- Two (2) years experience in culinary management from a recognized institution
- Special attention to details and food quality
- Creative abilities
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate respect, patience and compassion toward patients and residents
- Ability to provide an exceptional client-centered service
Additional InformationAll applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.