|$30.032 to $31.175/hr, plus a competitive benefits program
Bruyère is actively recruiting a site-specific mobile team comprised of full time RPN’s. All these new positions will fulfill the replacement needs in various units. If you are interested in providing critical support and to have the opportunity to check out different clinical settings, the Mobile Team is for YOU!
Mobile Team members will have the opportunity to work in different programs at our Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital (ÉBH) campus and will be well supported by nursing professional practice and the clinical manager. This position will support ÉBH campus and its programs which include specialized rehabilitation, palliative care, transitional care, as well as Élisabeth Bruyère Residence, a long term care facility.
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
*The unit and shift hours listed on this posting are for information purposes only and subject to change.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) at Bruyère delivers safe, effective, patient/resident-centered, ethical, and evidence-based nursing care to patients/residents according to scope of practice and in accordance with Bruyère policies, procedures, and standards and with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards. The RPN communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing with patients/residents, families, colleagues, and other health discipline members.
Commits to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Commits to patient and resident safety, on-going learning, and continuous quality improvement.
- Valid certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Level C certificate
- Successful completion of RPN medication administration course or equivalent
- Fluent in French and English (Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement.
Note: Specialized orientation and appropriate training will be provided to you to prepare you for this role and must be successfully completed within the established timeline.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in medicine/surgery, complex continuing care, nephrology, and/or rehabilitative care
- Personal/professional maturity to deal with death and dying, on an ongoing basis
- Motivation towards professional growth and development
- Superior communications, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team, to work under pressure and to adapt to change
- Membership in Registered Practical Nurses' Association of Ontario (RPNAO)
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.