|Complex Continuing Care - 4 North-East
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$88,450 to $105,616 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, this role is delegated provision of leadership, direction and supervision to ensure that the day‐to‐day operation of the clinical unit is running effectively and efficiently. On a daily basis, ensures that the delivery of organized clinical services is provided to the patient population, that all aspects of service are fully integrated, that services are provided safely and at the highest quality of care and that corporate priorities and initiatives are managed effectively. In addition, this role ensures an integrated relationship with the physician leads to operate the unit.
Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Undergraduate degree (4 years) in a clinical/health related discipline
- Masters in a clinical discipline preferred or equivalent
- Candidate must be qualified for professional practice in Ontario and registered with their discipline specific professional College
- Minimum 3 years of experience in health care (hospital environment preferred)
- Experience in a leadership or management capacity
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced medical terminology
- Fluent in French and English (Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement.)
- Ability to learn and apply hospital policies and procedures, relative legislation, collective agreements, Canadian Hospital Accreditation Standards, Professional Disciplines Standards for Ontario
- Excellent knowledge of principles of management and research-based practice
- Knowledge of health care disciplines in Clinical Services and their role in patient care
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care
- Ability to respond to large numbers of simultaneous demands from staff, physicians, logistical services, Human Resources, etc.
- Active participation in work related initiatives
- Expert communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitator/coaching skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision‐making skills
- Ability to be an effective change agent
- Ability to determine feasibility of potential research, educational or clinical initiatives
- Strives to undertake all activities in an efficient and effective manner
- Proven ability in working effectively with all members of the health care team (i.e. clinical managers, physicians, health professionals and educators)
- Ability to identify potential for patient or institutional risk and intervene appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new and unexpected events
- Ability to work independently
- Exhibits mature judgement in clinical, educational and administrative matters
All applicants must clearly indicate that they meet the mandatory criteria, include copies of their degrees and certification if applicable, a recent CV, and a cover letter.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in
a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.