|Temporary, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs / pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$41.997 to $50.205 / hour, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Clinical Informaticist (CI) actively participates in the planning, design and development of the clinical applications related to MEDITECH and any other clinical applications that may integrate into these modules to enhance patient health outcomes, improve patient care, strengthen the clinician-patient relationship as well as facilitate internal and external interdisciplinary communication.
As part of the Information System department, the CI role ensures that the implementation of projects are done in compliance with the standards of clinical practice recognized by professional orders, applicable laws and regulations. This role is responsible for analyzing and resolving problem and may participate in updating clinical applications. If necessary, the incumbent may be called upon to work variable shifts or travel between locations.
Committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field such as nursing, respiratory therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work or speech language pathology
- Candidates must be qualified for professional practice in Ontario and registered with their discipline specific professional College in one of the above mentioned disciplines
- Master's degree in Health Care related field (Nursing, MHA, MPA, MSc, Informatics) would be an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ recent clinical experience, and preferably with at least three (3) years informatics experience within an acute care or subacute hospital setting
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PPT)
- Advanced medical terminology
- Bilingualism (English / French) would be an asset
- Ability to analyze clinical workflow and redesign clinical processes and determine associated impact / possible risk, including policy and procedure development.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage overlapping duties and commitment to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to relate in a positive and productive way to people in all disciplines
- Ability to facilitate a team and individuals working together towards a common goal
- Strong, self-directed work ethic along with effective time management skills
- Commitment to delivering a positive customer experience
- Knowledge of hospital programs, policies and processes
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving capabilities
- Strong understanding and ability to apply quality assurance processes
- Ability to work independently and within a group environment
- Ability to synthesize information, and prepare concise reports and presentations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Project experience
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.