|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$49.93 to $61.09 /hr, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Function SummaryReporting to the Director of Care, this role is responsible for providing direct comprehensive care to Long Term Care residents with specialized and complex needs based on advanced clinical knowledge and decision-making skills in assessment, diagnosis, and health care management.
The nurse practitioner’s practice is an interdependent practice in which the nurse practitioner works:
- Independently by the authority given to perform additional controlled acts as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario’s Standards of Practice for Registered Nurse in the Extended Class.
- Collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team and in a practice model such as the Nurse Practitioner / Family Physician collaborative model.
Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN), four (4) years diploma.
- Post-graduate Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Registered Nurse in the Extended class RN-EC.
- Membership in Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO), Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (NPAO) chapter is strongly recommended.
- Three (3) years practical experience in Geriatrics, gerontology, long-term care.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Knowledgeable about primary health care issues in Long Term Care in Ontario.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Advanced Medical terminology Knowledge.
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.