|Marketed Services - Bruyère Village
|Occasional - Flexible hours|
|$19.33/hr to $20.05/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Waiter/Waitress is responsible to accomplish daily tasks related to the proper functioning of the dining room. He/she greets the clients, shows the menu, provides suggestions and answers questions related to food and beverages, takes client's orders and serves food and beverages ordered. The incumbent gives client's orders to the Chef (or to the kitchen). He/she recommends wines to ordered foods. The incumbent is responsible to provide the invoice to the clients and to collect the payment.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Community College Certificate (one year) in the field of restaurant industry and minimum three (3) months of experience in a related field (restaurants, catering, residences) or;
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a waiter in a related field (restaurants, catering, residences)
- Valid Food handler's course from a recognized institution
- Valid Smart Serve Certificate
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to perform activities requiring considerable standing, walking, ending, reaching, pulling/pushing and transferring equipment
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification (CPR) - Basic Life Support (BLS) level C
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate a respectful, patient and compassionate behavior towards patients/residents
- Capacity to provide a quality client-centered service
- Demonstrated curiosity for art culinary
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment
Additional InformationAll applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.