|Elisabeth-Bruyère Hospital and Saint-Vincent Hospital
|$26.169 to $27.142 /hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the rehabilitation assistant supports the unit by assisting the registered therapists with patient care, maintaining a clean and efficient working area and assisting with departmental support. All the activities of the rehabilitation assistant are delegated and directed by the registered therapist.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant Diploma from a recognized college - (Only this diploma will be accepted for that position)
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Level C certificate
- Ability to perform activities requiring considerable standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, transferring of patients and equipment
- Sensitivity to the needs and capabilities of the Bruyère patient population
- Knowledge of Safe Patient Transfers Program
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to work autonomously and able to actively and effectively collaborate with the members of the interdisciplinary team
- Flexibility, ability and innovation in practice in a continuously changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Regular work attendance may be taken into consideration.