|Complex Continuing Care
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$91,013 to $108,664 annually, plus a competitve benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Director Clinical programs Saint-Vincent Hospital, the incumbent is accountable for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating all activities of the assigned unit in order to provide high quality patient care. The incumbent is accountable for the administrative and clinical management of a patient care unit in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, the philosophy, mission and strategic direction of Bruyère Continuing Care, the standards from Accreditation Canada, the Regulated Health Professionals’ Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the relevant collective agreements.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Valid certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Minimum 2-3 years in a leadership position
- Minimum 2-3 years Medical Surgical Nursing experience
- Fluent in English and French (Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement.)
- Working knowledge of the health care system
- Advanced computer skills and medical terminology
- Master's degree, in Nursing, Health, Public, Education or Business administration
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a management position
- Membership in Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Knowledge in lean methodology an asset
Position key competencies
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage communications
- Ability to establish effective teams
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Ability to hold self and others accountables
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to manage human resources
- Project management skills
- Ability to organize / orchestrate
- Ability to partner with patients and families
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.