|$27.973 to $33.393 /hr, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President, Human Resources and Organizational Development, and provides administrative support and project management to the Vice-President, Human Resources and Organizational Development, as well as assistance to the reporting Directors and Managers by planning, organizing and performing a variety of operational and administrative activities. This position requires considerable independent judgment, analytical and problem solving skills to address daily and unplanned activities. The incumbent will be able to work independently and as part of a team in accomplishing assignments.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Relevant 3-year Community College Diploma (e.g. Office Administration or Human Resources) or equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- Previous experience in an office environment providing administrative support to senior or executive level management preferably in a health care and/or human resources environment
- Experience in providing committee support, including taking minutes
- Previous experience in project management support, research techniques, data reporting and analysis, Human Resources metrics and indicators
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Excellent writing, editing, translation and proofreading skills in both official languages
- Excellent knowledge of various software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, Adobe and other computer based programs as required
- Knowledge on how to operate audiovisual equipment such as teleconference system (Polycom), microphone, LCD projector, computer, printer, fax, photocopier, shredder, label printer, etc.
- Project management certification or experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative in an environment with changing priorities and fluctuating deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload, strong organizational and coordination skills to manage change and conflicting priorities
- Ability to utilize discretion, initiative and judgment in handling sensitive and confidential details
- Ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to accurately summarize key information, discussion items and decisions in preparing accurate summaries of various issues including minutes of committee meetings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.