|Complex Continuing Care
|$42.355 - $50.577 /hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Nursing Clinical Supervisor will have the opportunity to use various elements of his/her role such as clinical knowledge, experience and leadership skills to promote quality care and utilization of best practices. The incumbent represents clinical and site administration during off hours. He/She focuses on the facilitation and provision of quality care consistent with current organization missions, values, policies and procedures, best practices, professional standards and legislations.
This position requires that the incumbent works primarily at Saint-Vincent Hospital site (SVH) but also flexible to work at Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital site (ÉBH), and Saint-Louis Résidence (SLR), depending on the needs.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Five (5) years of relevant clinical nursing experience (Complex chronic diseases and medecine programs)
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Permanent certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary (CPR) Level C certificate
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Working knowledge of the health care system
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the hospital sector
- Intermediate computer skills
- Advanced medical terminology
- Certification in gerontology, palliative care or rehabilitation care
- Membership in Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Knowledge of and/or relevant experience in the areas of dialysis and ventilator
Position key competencies
- Demonstrate excellent clinical knowledge, critical thinking and judgement
- Excellent problem solving skills and flexibility
- Proven leadership abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and team-building skills
- Philosophy which supports the nursing profession in its mission to provide excellent care
- Demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations in an effective and appropriate manner
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Capable of working under stress in a constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of adult learning principles/presentation skills
- Ability to manage human resources
- Demonstrated effectiveness promoting compliance with professional and ethical practices, accreditation standards, and applicable legislation
- Demonstrated professional work attitude and behaviors in interaction with internal and external contacts
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.