|$28.730 to $29.757/hr, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Management, the Electrician repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical distribution systems, equipment and appliances and communication systems, using hand tools and testing instruments in accordance with plans, directives and preventive maintenance procedures.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- College diploma from a recognized institution
- Valid Ontario or Inter-provincial electrician license
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as an electrician
- Trade or vocational school graduate with courses in blue print reading, electricity, mathematics and physics
- Fluent in French and English
- Conversant with electrical sections of public building and safety codes
- Fire alarm technician certification, an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario safety codes
- Ability to understand forms and relationships when working from blueprints or specifications
- Manual dexterity when wiring, testing and repairing various electrical systems or replacing various electrical components
- Forms perceptions (visual comparisons, discrimination when making connections, soldering and splicing wires)
- Ability to compute arithmetic calculations in testing and installing electrical wiring and to estimate materials
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.