|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs / Pay Period, 1.0 FTE|
|$112,923 to $134,891 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Director of Workforce Optimization is responsible for the planning, organization, direction, review and evaluation of all clinical and non-clinical organizational activities related to the Scheduling Resources Office. In addition, he/she works in close partnership with clinical and corporate services on the strategic optimization of the hospital workforce.
The incumbent is responsible for efficient management and high quality service delivery provided by the Scheduling Resource Office and the various staff under his/her management. The incumbent is required to work in collaboration with all departments. He/She also acts as a key advisor to the Senior Strategy team for the management and the decision making related to all aspects of scheduling, resource utilization and recruitment needs and trends.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in Administration or equivalent
- Seven (7) years of:
- Managerial experience in a healthcare environment (preferred)
- Experience and expertise in scheduling best practices, processes and systems requirements, informatics and analytic thinking
- Experience and sound knowledge of human resources and administration as it interfaces with operational demands and requirements in a unionized environment
- Experience in project planning and coordination
- Experience in quality improvement and change management
- Fluent in French and English (preferred)
- Experience analyzing work flow processes for efficiency and error reduction improvement opportunities
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of diverse collective agreements languages and applications
- Excellent knowledge of scheduling best practices for Hospitals (clinical and support services), as well as Long Term Care environment
- Knowledge of computer applications and software programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Key Competencies of the position
- Strong project management and organizational leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work as an effective, objective and transparent change agent
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, from front-line to Senior Management
- Ability to demonstrate team building, mentoring and teaching
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiating and problem solving skills
- Excellent judgement with demonstrated research and analytical skills
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.