|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs / Pay Period, 1.0 FTE|
|$70,549 to $84,222 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Management Services, the Architectural Technologist provides effective project coordination of Bruyère Continuing Care multi-sites facilities for renovation and construction projects from inception to implementation and takeover. For smaller renovation projects, the incumbent designs, tenders and oversees the construction and the contractors. For larger construction projects, the incumbent provides project management support for projects delivered by external Consultants (Architects and Engineers) including developing project scope, tendering, evaluating proposals, reviewing and approving shop drawings, dealing with change orders and payments and coordinating with building managers and buildings occupants. The incumbent also plans, coordinates and assists with occupants’ moves.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Three (3) year Community College Diploma as Architectural Technologist or other relevant field
- Architectural Technologist Certification or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in assisting with renovation project by assessing clients’ needs, scoping, construction coordination, contractor oversight, construction contract management, preparing drawings, ideally in a healthcare or commercial environment
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written)
- Proficiency in AutoCad drafting software
- Knowledge of construction project management, including familiarity with Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC)
- Knowledge of building codes
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Key Competencies of the position
- Demonstrated capacity in working both autonomously and in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relations skills
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.