|Élisabeth Bruyère Residence
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$93,902 to $112,115 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Administrator, Élisabeth Bruyère Residence, the Clinical Manager / Director of Care will be responsible for overall direction and supervision of the registered nursing staff and unregulated personal care staff of the long-term care home, and the nursing and personal care provided by them in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes’ Act and Regulations. The incumbent works within Bruyère Continuing Care policies and applicable collective agreements as well as recognized industry practices while ensuring optimal quality care at the Élisabeth Bruyère Residence.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BScN) from an accredited university;
- Master’s degree in health management or public sector management or business administration (preferred);
- Current certificate of registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO);
- Membership in RNAO or relevant professional associations (preferred);
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in gerontology or other relevant specialty (preferred);
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent related clinical experience (preferably long term care, complex continuing care or geriatrics);
- Minimum of 5 years progressive management/leadership experience;
- Knowledge of long-term care sector (preferred);
- Sound knowledge of College of Nursing Standards, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Act standards and ability to ensure compliance with these standards;
- Good knowledge of management principles and approaches;
- Good knowledge of data measurement, collection, basic analysis and reporting;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal (candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply and may be considered if no other suitable candidates meet this requirement);
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office;
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology.
Position key competencies
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, and work under pressure with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated team building and mentorship experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous quality improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict with a collaborative approach;
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to operationalize and implement;
- Demonstrated family and resident oriented leader;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Ability to manage change and effectively manage human resources.
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.