|Long Term Care
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$21.221 to $25.128/hr, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Long-Term Care and Directors of Care, Residence Saint-Louis, this position works closely with the Administrative Coordinator and provides administrative support to a variety of activities within long-term care at Bruyère Continuing Care including: committee support, a variety of events and educational opportunities, regular newsletters, administrative tasks and communications, and working with our residents and families.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Two (2) years community college diploma in a relevant field (office administration, business, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (an asset)
- Minimum of two (2) years office work experience in a health care or long term care setting including administrative support, development of communication tools and writing special reports, organization of events or meetings, provision of committee support and communication with internal/external stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills with various computer programs, software and applications including word processing, spreadsheets, content management and other
- Knowledge of long term care sector (an asset)
- Experience in maintaining electronic and traditional filing systems
- Fluent in French and English, spoken and written
Key competencies of the position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Superior interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Creativity for the design of communication materials and other documentation
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Excellent time management and decision making skills to effectively manage deadlines and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with data and spreadsheets
- Understanding of basic statistical analysis and use of database tools (ex: Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to use discretion, initiative and judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to analyze and resolve administrative or procedural problems
- Good client-centered service
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.