|Complex Continuing Care - 5 North
|Temporary, Full-Time, Evening, 75 hrs / Pay Period, 1.0 FTE|
|$33.23 - $47.57/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the role of the Registered Nurse (RN) at Bruyère Continuing Care is to deliver safe, effective, patient/resident-centered, ethical, and evidence-based nursing care. The overall function of the RN is to assist patients/residents and their families to manage clinical conditions and transitions and maximize their self-care, psychosocial, spiritual, communicative and interpretive abilities. The RN also acts as a resource for members of the care team.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Valid certificate of registration form the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Level C certificate
- Assessment skills course
- Successful completion of the mandatory ventilator training, provided by the hospital (on the unit), within the established timeline
- Fluent in French and English
- Tracheotomy trained
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Leadership, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
- Motivation towards personal and professional growth
- Membership in Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.