|Assisted Living Services - Bruyère Village
|Permanent, Part-Time, Evening, 45 hrs / pay period, 0.6 FTE - Every second weekend|
|$21.08/hr to $23.26/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Function SummaryReporting to the Manager, Assisted Living Service, Bruyère Village, the Community Program Worker II is responsible for enhancing the quality of life of the Assisted Living / High Risk Seniors tenants within the Bruyère Village and or the Adult Day Program. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the tenants with their daily care living needs, meal preparation, light house cleaning duties and organizing recreational activities for the tenants. The incumbent will also be accountable for the medication cuing for the tenants and documenting and communicating changes in behavior or health condition. He / she will work independently or within a team environment and will require strong organizational and time management skills. In addition, the incumbent will be required to lead and use problem solving skills in carrying out his/her duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision. The incumbent must champion client safety at all times.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to tenant and client safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Community college diploma (2 years) in Social Service Worker - Gerontology program or Developmental Services Worker program
- One year experience in the following areas:
- working with older adults / seniors
- caring for clients with dementia or cognitive impairments
- with medication reminders and cuing
- healthy meal preparation
- light house cleaning duties / laundry
- in leading social and recreational activities with older adults / seniors
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent decision making skills coupled with strong organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Basic medical terminology
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Level C certificate
- Excellent client services skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative, creative and task oriented
- Team player
Additional InformationAll applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.