|Marketed Services - Résidence Saint-Louis
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$24.271/hr to $27.881/hr, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketed Services, the Chef is mainly responsible for offering its customers (Dining Room), quality products and a high level of operations including setting menus, inventory, kitchen staff and preparations management, cooking, food processing, etc.
The incumbent develops all the meals from the dining room menu ensuring regular renewal according to the seasons or trends. He/She coordinates kitchen and dining room activities to ensure a fast and courteous service. The Chef leads the team in ensuring compliance with safety and hygiene standards.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Culinary Management Diploma from a recognized institution (2 years), Theory of Food or equivalent
- Inter-provincial Red Seal Certificate (an asset)
- Smart Serve Certification
- Valid Food Handler's Certificate from a recognized institution (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a retirement home (dining room section) or in a related field
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written) ***Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement.
- Advanced computer skills
Key competencies of the position
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skill
- Culinary curiosity and knowledge of recent techniques and trends
- Ability for teamwork and working under pressure
- Competencies in staff management and in kitchen development
- Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques
- Exceptional client-centered service
- Ability to perform tasks in accordance with the hygiene standards and other standards established by Ottawa Public Health
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.