Cycling Without Age at Bruyère
Spring is here and the Therapeutic Support Services team is getting ready for another exciting season of Cycling Without Age!
Bruyère is looking for volunteers to take senior citizens for bicycle rides as part of the Cycling Without Age Program at Saint-Louis Residence in Orleans and at Élisabeth Bruyère Residence in the Byward market.
For more information about becoming involved, contact: 613-562-6262, ext.2517 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivational Activity Research Project
Interested in finding ways to encourage residents to become more physically active?
Bruyère Continuing Care is partnering with other senior care partners in Ontario and with a Norwegian Industry partner, Motitech AS to study the added value of a motivational healthcare solution called Motiview that may encourage participation in cycling activity for individuals in Long Term Care settings. Some of our residents spend most of their time inactive, have a low mood and have dementia. Research shows that increasing physical activity for these individuals may provide an enjoyable and fulfilling activity, improve mobility, mood, and sleep and reduce fall risks!
To apply, please contact Mariama Diallo at 613-562-6262, ext. 2517.
To learn more about Motiview, or to see some of the beautiful cycling routes the residents can take, click on the links below:
Administrative and Clerical Support
As a member of the of the Bruyère Continuing Care Foundation, the volunteer will support the team by providing administrative and clerical support.
- Creating a welcoming environment for all visitors;
- Answering the phone in a friendly, professional manner;
- Assisting with filing as required;
- Conducting donor outreach calls;
- Providing support with event preparation;
- Posting foundation publicity throughout the organization.
Key competencies for the position:
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills;
- Compassionate, patient and understanding personality;
- Flexibility and ability to manage daily priorities and challenges.
To apply please contact: Nathalie Lalonde at 613-562-6262, ext. 8250 or email@example.com.