Donations to Bruyère Foundation help fund clinical patient care, as well as research and education.
1. At the Bruyère Foundation we remain transparent.
2. We are accountable for your Personal Information.
- Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual. This information includes whether an individual has donated to the Bruyère Foundation. We keep all of your personal information that you provide to us in strict confidence.
- Our staff sign confidentiality agreements and safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not accessed, disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent it being lost or destroyed. Individuals may access their Personal Information at any time to ensure that it is correct and current.
3. We safeguard your personal information.
- Personal Information means any information that can be used to identify a specific person and may include, without limitation, name, email address, postal or physical address, title and other personally identifiable information. We use password protocols and secure websites to protect the personal information we receive when an online donation is made. Our software is routinely updated to maximize protection.
4. We collect, use and disclose personal information as follows:
- Information you provide directly to the Foundation team
- Information we collect about you from our interactions with you (for example, when you use our website or other technology)
- When the Foundation collects personal information directly from individuals, the Foundation identifies the purposes. This includes, fundraising, processing donations, sharing our impact through newsletters or other activities.
5. We limit the use, disclosure and retention of personal information.
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with consent or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes. Any information can be changed or removed as directed by you to the Foundation.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information.
- We rely on our donors to provide us with accurate personal information. To change or modify any personal information previously provided to the Foundation, please reach out at: General Inquiries at: 43 Bruyère Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 5C8 613-562-6319 or send to: Foundation@bruyere.org
7. Compliance with our privacy practices.
8. How we use and protect your information.
- The Foundation respects the privacy of donors and protects their information. We use donors’ personal information to serve them better, to keep them informed through periodic contacts about opportunities to volunteer or donate, special events, lotteries and other relevant updates.
Contacting the Foundation:
Any questions, points of clarification or concerns may be directed to the Foundation’s Chief Operations Officer at Bruyère Foundation,43 Bruyère Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 5C8 613-562-6319 or send to: Foundation@bruyere.org.
If you wish to make changes or limit your contact with Bruyère Foundation, please email or write to us at: General Inquiries, 43 Bruyère Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 5C8 613-562-6319 or send to: Foundation@bruyere.org.
Information published on the Bruyère Foundation’s website is provided for information and educational purposes only.
This is a Canadian website. Its content is intended for Canadian residents only.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure the information we collect through Bruyère Foundation website. While the Internet is not 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your personal information.
All personal information provided by our donors and supporters is secure information. In order to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure the proper use of information, we have developed electronic and managerial procedures to secure donor information.