Bruyère Continuing Care, Optimizing seniors’ health and quality of life
Bruyère Continuing Care is proud to officially open the doors of its newly renovated John and Jennifer Ruddy Geriatric Day Hospital—a bilingual interprofessional outpatient program that aims to optimize the health and quality of life of seniors within our community.
The Geriatric Day Hospital Program is vital to Bruyère. The program provides seniors with guidance and tools necessary to enhance their well-being and their ability to live independently. It keeps our seniors in their own homes and out of the health care system for as long as possible. As our population ages and as medicine is keeping us all living longer, albeit in some cases with multiple chronic conditions, services such as our Day Hospital are vital to the quality of life of our friends, family and neighbors and to our health care system itself.
As a health care leader, Bruyère is proud to showcase this newly renovated space, which allows us to improve care for the aging population within our community. The Geriatric Day Hospital team works closely with the client and caregivers to set goals and implement a personalized therapeutic program to address issues related to mobility, falls, cognition, function, medication and much more. Annually, there are approx. 5000 visits and thanks to the generous life-changing donors, this new space will accommodate more new admissions and increase annual visits.
Watch the full conference from our Facebook Live coverage
- The John and Jennifer Ruddy Geriatric Day Hospital (GDH) is the largest multidisciplinary GDH team in Ottawa
- The John and Jennifer Ruddy Geriatric Day Hospital is the only centre in Ottawa that offers a full complement of services in both official languages
- New gym technology THERA-Trainer and SCIFIT
- A full track for patients to walk
- The length of the programs is adapted to the patient`s needs and can be up to 10 weeks.
- We work with each patient towards achieving their individual goals to improve their function, independence and safety
- Annually, we see approx. 5000 visits and this new space will allow us to accommodate even more new admissions and increase our annual visits