Convalescent Care Program
Saint-Louis Residence convalescent care program
Saint-Louis Residence, a long-term care home which houses the convalescent care program, is located in an enchanting setting on the banks of the Ottawa River in the east end of the city, in Orléans.
Our convalescent care program includes 22 beds and provides rehabilitative services in a supportive environment. This program benefits individuals:
- who are coming out of the hospital because they no longer require acute medical services, but need assistance with their care or with activities of daily living before returning home or to the community
- Who require therapeutic services to improve their strength, mobility and daily functions
- From the community recovering from an illness or surgery and requiring additional time to convalesce
To access this program, you will work with a case manager from the Home and Community Services of the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
Saint-Louis Residence's convalescence care program offers a range of unique features that will enhance your stay, including:
- Access to a nurse practitioner five days a week
- Convalescent care dedicated medical services
- Social services worker assistance
- Free WI-FI
- Nutritious homemade food and full-service restaurant on-site
- Access to volunteer services and recreational activities
- Cycling without Age program - an innovative program designed to enhance the lives of seniors by taking them out on an adapted rickshaw type bicycle
- Hairdressing services and convenience store
- Happy hour at the Pub and a range of other activities
- Chapel and pastoral services
Family members and visitors also enjoy free parking and an easy access to the main entrance.