A Waterfront Long-Term Care Home
Saint-Louis Residence is a 198-bed long-term care home situated in Orléans in Ottawa East. It is located in an enchanting setting on the banks of the Ottawa River and helps its residents reach their physical, social, psychological and spiritual potential. It is accredited by Accreditation Canada. Saint-Louis Residence provides service in both official languages and is proud to be a French Language Services Provider.
Saint-Louis Residence provides personal, nursing, and supportive services. It also offers a convalescent care program, with 22-beds for people needing time to recover after an operation or serious illness, before returning home or entering a physical rehabilitation program. Saint-Louis Residence provides specialized services for patients with dementia.
Saint-Louis Residence allows people experiencing a loss of autonomy to evolve in a cozy, friendly and positive environment. Residents can take advantage of the marvelous location along the Ottawa River, by relaxing in our gazebo and swings or by picnicking with their family and friends.
Individualized Care and Services
- 24-hour-a-day nursing care
- Medical services
- Pharmaceutical services
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Nurse practitioner services
- Pastoral care
- Volunteer resources
- Recreational and therapeutic programs
- Housekeeping, maintenance and laundry
- Specialized services such as dental care, optometry and chiropody services, as well as laboratory and radiology services
Community Services Provided
- A day program for people with physical or cognitive limitations. Our day program allows seniors who live in the community to partake in social activities from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
- The Télé-bonjour program, a telephone service designed to reassure seniors who live alone
- A respite program, which has one short-term care beds. The program welcomes both French and English speaking seniors for periods ranging from one week to one month in order to lighten the load for their caregivers
- A weekend respite program
- A support group for caregivers
For additional information on these programs, please call 613-562-6262, ext. 2560.
A number of activities are organized for residents, including shows, musical games, physical exercise, card games, bingos, barbecues and parties on special occasions.
Residents can enjoy the facility’s charming grounds and view of the river. The facility also features:
- A chapel, with Mass celebrated daily
- A library
- A hairdressing salon
- Access to public transit via OC Transpo’s bus number 131 Local North, which stops at our door every 30 minutes
- Several rest and visiting areas
- A cafeteria
Application for admission to Saint-Louis Residence must be made by the prospective resident or substitute decision-maker through the Champlain Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), which can be reached by calling 613-745-5525.
The applicant must be eligible for admission to a long-term care home as determined by the placement service. In general, a person requiring 24-hour on-site nursing and personal care is eligible.
At Saint-Louis Residence, a Resident and Family Council is responsible for representing the residents’ interests and concerns. The Council’s role is to enhance the quality of life and quality of care that are provided by promoting an environment that is responsive to residents, their family and friends.
At this time, we do not offer guided tours.
However, please feel free to contact us for more information:
879 Hiawatha Park Road
Orléans ON K1C 2Z6
Tel.: 613-562-6262, ext. 2518