Bruyère Memory Program
Diagnosis and treatment for patients with memory problems
The Bruyère Memory Program at the Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital provides diagnosis and treatment for patients with memory problems. This will take more than one visit to the program, and you will be seen by various members of our team.
The Bruyère Memory Program provides:
- Treatment/management of dementia
- Referral to community support services
Patients must be referred to the program by a physician or a licensed nurse practitioner. We are unable to process :
- Cases that coincide with an acquired brain injury
- Documented neurological disorder (e.g. M.S.)
- Inadequately controlled psychiatric illness
- Long-standing learning disabilities
Patients under 50 years of age are only seen under special circumstances.
Our health care team includes:
At your first visit, you will meet with a nurse for 90 minutes who will:
- Review the questionnaire you completed and ask you a number of questions to fully understand your symptoms.
- Conduct a brief screening test to help understand your memory concerns.
You will be referred for bloodwork and a CT scan of the head, as needed.
At your next visit, you may be referred to one of our neuropsychologists for a more detailed assessment of your memory and other thinking skills.
You will meet with a physician who will:
- Conduct a neurological examination that includes testing your strength and coordination.
- Review the results of your tests.
- Discuss the potential diagnosis and treatment options.
A referral may be made to other community services to provide you with ongoing assistance and support.
Please remember to:
- Bring a list of current medications
- Come accompanied by a family member or someone that knows you well
The Bruyère Memory Program is associated with various active research teams involved in clinical drug trials, new treatments and diagnostic tools. If you would like more information, please contact us. Participation is strictly voluntary.
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
75 Bruyère St, Suite 342Y (entrance with red canopy near parking lot)