|Occasional, Part-Time, Full-Time - Flexible hours|
|$20.62/hr to $21.38/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Care, the incumbent functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. The role of the Health Care Aide is to provide all aspects of care to residents as assigned by the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) and Registered Nurse (RN). The Health Care Aide plays a supportive role in the functioning of the unit and provides care to support residents quality of life and autonomy.
Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Patient Care Attendant course approved by the Ontario Ministry of Universities and Colleges. (The 650 hrs course)
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification (CPR) - Basic Life Support (BLS) level C
- Experience working with elderly and/or adults affected by loss of autonomy or by chronic or terminal illness
- Fluent in French and English
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) trained
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention trained
- Relevant certifications related to Supporting Persons with Responsive Behaviours
- Ability to work with cognitively impaired elderly
- Ability to write observations and to use an electronic documentation system
- Ability to communicate with other team members
- Strong abilities for communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Motivated for personal growth and ongoing learning
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.