High School Cooperative Education Program
Our Volunteer Resources provide an excellent learning opportunity for students interested in working in a health care setting. The COOP program is available at our three geographic sites.
All interested COOP students must be referred by a COOP teacher and will have a preliminary interview with the volunteer coordinator to discuss possible placements.
The volunteer coordinator is responsible for creating a schedule which provides the student with a variety of experiences in any of the following areas:
- Interprofessional team member on the unit
- Therapeutic Recreation Services
- Music and Memory Program
- Volunteer Resources office administration support
- Occupational therapy
- Marketed Services (Beauty Salon)
- Alternative Augmentative Communication Clinic (Saint-Vincent Hospital only)
- Geriatric Day Hospital (Élisabeth-Bruyère Hospital only)
- Community Program (Saint-Louis Residence only)
How to join the team