Joining the Bruyère Team
How do I join the Bruyère Team?
The Bruyère Continuing Care Volunteer Resources team looks forward to meeting you soon!
- You must be 15 years or older.
- Minimum commitment is 3 hour shift weekly for a minimum of 6 months depending on program.
- Schedule an interview by calling 613-562-6262 ext. 8250 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (onsite laboratory available if blood work required).
- Provide negative two-step TB test performed within the last year (TB test can be provided on-site if required)
Please note: This step is not required if you choose to volunteer in long term care.
- Provide police records check for service with the vulnerable sector performed within the last year. If you do not have one, Volunteer Resources will provide you with a letter indicating your intent to volunteer when you come in for your interview. You must then take the letter to the police station nearest you to begin the police record check application process.
Please note: Persons under the age of 18 do not require a police record check.
- Attend the mandatory General Orientation and Training session. Details will be shared at your interview.
Volunteer opportunities at Élisabeth Bruyère Résidence and Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital.