|Infection Prevention and Control
|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hours/pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$74,375 to $88,912 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Manager, Infection Prevention and Control (IPC), the Coordinator is responsible and accountable for providing corporate clinical direction and leadership in Bruyère Continuing Care IPC Services. He/She has the authority to guide all staff in the implementation of infection prevention and control policies.
Working with the IPC team, the coordinator will problem solve and provide advisory services corporately. The incumbent will address patient/family concerns in collaboration with the clinical managers and will inform the Manager IPC of key issues and resolution process as it occurs.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant health science field (Microbiology, Epidemiology, Nursing, etc),or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Member in good standing of a Health Profession regulated under the Regulated Health Professions Act of Ontario as appropriate
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in infection control
- Certification in Infection Control (CBIC exam through IPAC Canada) (preferred)
- Fluent in French and in English - spoken and written, preferred
- Broad knowledge of microbiology, epidemiology, infectious diseases, risk management, safety, quality assurance and employee health
- Knowledge of principles, practices, standards, guidelines and federal and provincial regulations pertaining to infection prevention and control
- Intermediate computers skills;
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
Key Competencies of the position
- Relates in a positive and productive way through effective communication and building of strong interpersonnal relashionships with multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to function effectively independently and as a team member and in collaborative relashionships with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to effectively teach with knowledge of, and using adult learning principles
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills.
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certification, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.