Joie de vivre Adult Day Program
The Joie de Vivre Adult Day Program is based on a Montessori approach, where we explore and support the person alongside their impairment and allow them to rediscover themselves, their purpose, and their hobbies. We assist clients in leading their days with what feels familiar and natural to them. With a beautiful landscape of garden beds, a riverfront view, and a large, secured patio space, we encourage that most activities take place outdoors. Our mission is to provide a safe, nurturing environment where clients can grow, and gain joyful experiences while caregivers find peace and respite.
The Joie de Vivre Adult Day Program is open to individuals of all ages with a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment, dementia, or Alzheimer’s. The program is located on the first floor of Résidence Saint Louis, in the East end of Orleans. It is easily accessible through its own entrance on the east side of the building. Clients can attend the program between 9:30am-2:30pm, Monday to Friday, where they can enjoy an exciting day of innovative activities while families and caregivers enjoy a few hours of respite.A typical day in the Joie de Vivre Adult Day Program includes:
- A nutritious snack in the morning and afternoon.
- A warm and healthy fresh cooked lunch meal.
- Activities throughout the day tailored to the client’s needs. For example: gardening, physical activities, painting, crafts, arm travel experiences, walks and picnics along the river, music-based activities, etc.
- Occasional outings to scenic and fun locations within the Nation’s Capital.
What we offer
- Transportation services based on agreements prior to program admission.
- A nutritious lunch time meal and snacks throughout the day. We consider major allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Ongoing updates for families and caregivers.
- A Monday to Friday program allowing families and caregivers to recharge while clients gain a sense of purpose, happiness, and growth.
A Montessori Approach
The Montessori approach focuses on supporting and re-discovering clients behind their cognitive impairment, or dementia using various strategies. At the Joie de Vivre Adult Day Program, we aim to engage all five senses (visual, auditory, tactile, taste and smell) in order to improve our clients’ psychological and physical wellbeing. Using this approach, we hope that our clients will exhibit greater amounts of constructive engagement where they participate verbally and physically in activities. Our team designs activities based on the client’s ability to successfully complete a task. As a result, clients will feel a greater sense of accomplishment and joy. By facilitating a sense of accomplishment, clients will feel as though they are making meaningful contributions to their community.
Hours of operation
Monday – Friday 9:30am-2:30pm
613-562-6262 ext. 2560
Joanne Sarazin Doré
613-562-6262 etx. 2563