NOTE: All applicants to Bruyère must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for any staff, learning, or volunteer opportunities. Candidates must provide government issues documentation to prove they have been vaccinated upon hiring, or valid documentation of a medical contraindication or other consideration pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Bruyère is pleased to partner with the Ontario Health Community Commitment Program for Nurses initiative which offers a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses who have not worked as a nurse in Ontario in the past 6 months, in exchange for a 24-month commitment to work full-time hours. As of April 1, 2023, both Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse positions (full-time permanent) are eligible for this incentive until quotas are filled.
Back to Job Postings
Food Service Supervisor
|$32.956 to $39.345 / hour, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
As part of Bruyère you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of personnel as well as the quality and operation of food production and distribution services and dishwashing activities. This means coordinate inventory verification; prepare orders and supervise storage; ensure the quality and proper use of produce by applying appropriate work methods for production and distribution of meals and nourishments; participate in the development of cyclical menus and recipes; participate in reviewing work routines of supervised staff; evaluate the performance of the employees and determine development needs; application of preventive work habits, for occupational health and safety as well as for correcting potentially dangerous situations.
Is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère.
Is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- College diploma in Food and Nutrition Supervision - Two (2) years diploma
- Membership in CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Management) – national association
- Membership in OSNM (Ontario Society of Nutrition Management) – provincial association
- Valid food handler's course from a recognized institution
- Fluent in French and English (Candidates who do not meet this language requirement are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other suitable applicants who meet this requirement)
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience in Food Service and Nutrition
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook...)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Therapeutic Diets
- Knowledge of Sanitation Code
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Excellent listening skills coupled with the ability to offer tactful, courteous client-centered service
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to handle many stressful activities at one time
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Bruyère is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All Bruyère employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination as per our Enhanced COVID-19 Immunization policy.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.