|Permanent, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs / pay period, 1.0 FTE|
|$85,215 to $101,755 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Director, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Services and Telecommunications, the Manager is responsible for supporting the Director in operations, budgets and strategic planning for Environmental Services at all Bruyère Continuing Care sites (EBH, SVH, RSL and Bruyère Village). He/she plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and manages environmental services functions and activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner. The incumbent is proactive in assisting the Director in the achievement of the departmental goals and objectives by measurable process improvements. The Manager assists in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for departmental operations and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
The incumbent also manages staff and provides Supervisors with consistent direction and resources, performs routine direct report rounding of Supervisors, staff and customers for service excellence; encourages and mentor a team of three (3) Supervisors.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Community College Degree (3 years) in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in environmental services field including three (3) years in management or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- Experience in administration and team management in a unionized environment
- Fluent in French and English
- Advanced computer skills
- Housekeeping Certification Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) or Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers Association (OHHA) or Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM)
- Ontario Hospital Association’s Environmental Services Level I and Level II courses
- Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers’ Association professional development course such as Infection Control for Healthcare facilities
- Infection control cleaning, teaching and monitoring experience in a hospital environment
- Certification in workplace Health and Safety
Position key competencies
- Strong leadership, team work and communication skills
- Excellent client-centered service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Knowledge of Provincial Infections Diseases Advisory Committee on infection prevention control (PIDAC-IPC)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Knowledge of products, standards of hygiene and sanitation
- Demonstrate outstanding organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in an fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience in contracts negotiation, service agreements and best practices in project management
- Strong management skills in a context of strategic change
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.