Clinical rotation tasks
- Medication reconciliation on admission and discharge
- Identifying and resolving drug therapy problem
- Developing and documenting care plans
- Attending interdisciplinary patient care rounds
- Providing medication-related education
- Therapeutic verification of new medication orders
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Responding to drug information questions
These clinical tasks are in line with the Canadian Consensus on Clinical Pharmacy Key Performance Indicators.
Teaching will be facilitated using a variety of methods including but not limited to:
- Student-preceptor therapeutic topic discussions
- Student-preceptor patient case review discussions
- Pharmacy department therapeutics meetings (pharmacist presentations, journal club)
- Self-directed learning
Pharmacy student working hours are from Monday to Friday from 08:30am – 4:30pm or from 09:00am - 5:00pm.
Pre-readings are required to be completed before the start of the student rotation. Please contact your preceptor for more information.
Director of Pharmacy