Run for Bruyère
Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend Scotiabank Charity Challenge
Join Bruyère Foundation for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge during the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend on May 26-27, 2018.
All funds raised by our participants will go directly to patient care and research Bruyère.
Sign up to run 2k, 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon or full marathon on May 26-27, 2018. When registering for your race, be sure to indicate you wish to donate or fundraise for Bruyère Foundation in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge section of the signup form.
From a catastrophic stroke to running as a life changer for Bruyère
It was a dark June night. The Royal Canadian Navy Destroyer, HMCS Algonquin, was 150 miles off the coast of California. Commanding Officer Tim Kerr was preparing the crew for a two-month deployment. Tim’s life was about to change—forever.
Tim spent a year at Bruyère as a patient in the stroke rehabilitation program and as an outpatient, where he continued to receive rehabilitation services. Tim knows luck had nothing to do with his recovery. “I owe my new life to the people at Bruyère and the donors who so kindly support the work they do,” he says.
Tim understands how life can change in an instant, which is why he is running and fundraising for Bruyère as part of the Scotiabank Charity Challenge.
Last year, Tim raised $10,000 for Bruyère. This year, he is trying to expand upon last year’s fundraising success. He has signed up for the Ottawa Race Weekend Voyageur Challenge, which combines the 5K, 10K and half marathon for a total distance of 36.1 km. Tim hopes to raise at least the same amount of money.
“There is an urgent and real need to support Bruyère,” he says. “Together we must ensure Bruyère has the tools it needs to help us if and when we need them. I hope people learn about my journey and support Bruyère.”
Step-by-step instructions for registering for the Ottawa Race Weekend:
- Register for your race HERE
- Choose your event
- Fill bio fields
- Under Scotia Charity Challenge click the “Create Personal Fundraising Web Page”
- Choose Bruyère Foundation as the charity
- Continue filling out fields
- Enter credit card information
- You will receive a confirmation email confirming your registration from the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend
- Create your fundraising page for Bruyère Foundation HERE OR contact Brittney to help get you started. Be sure to choose to participate as an individual
- Start fundraising by sharing your link with your network
- Run/walk proudly on May 26/27, knowing you made a difference in our community!
Questions? Contact Brittney at 613-562-6319.